Muir Energy is a fast growing start-up based in San Diego, CA. We make all-natural energy gels for endurance athletes all over the country. The concept of MUIR was conceived in the High Sierra on a backpacking trip, and the love of nature is a prevalent force in every Muir Energy employee. We are a small group of highly driven, nature loving people who are stoked to find the right person to join the MUIR team.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Community Lead to help us in our overall outreach efforts. You will be an integral part of maintaining and growing our brand awareness in our local community and beyond.
As the face of MUIR Energy, a Community Lead should be a competent professional able to create and maintain long-lasting relationships, interact mindfully with a variety of people, and generate creative ideas. You should also be self-motivated, have strong writing and communication skills, and be enthusiastic about leading a healthy lifestyle. Initially this would be a part-time position, but it could evolve into a full-time position.
• Starting at 10-15 hrs/week
• Pay commensurate with experience
• Highly organized and corresponds in a timely manner
• Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to interact with all walks of life
• Self motivated, hard working, adaptable
• Strong knowledge of/willingness to learn about trail running, cycling, endurance sports, etc.
• High social media proficiency
• Comfortable working with an early stage growth company
• Comfortable working alone as well as in small groups
• Proficient writer
• Articulate, honest
• San Diego resident
• Active lifestyle
• A MUIR customer/fan - you’re already familiar with our brand
• Manage our existing MUIR athletes, affiliates, outside sales reps
• Manage MUIR event/individual sponsorship opportunities and ensure a successful collaboration
• Identify influencers and collaborators to work on short-term and long-term projects
• Identify opportunities for brand growth in San Diego (businesses, events, service-based projects, etc)
• Participate and lead demos at stores and events in the community